Thursday, September 23, 2010

love.........

Love your parents with all your might and devote as much time and energy as you can to contributing to their well-being and absorbing their wisdom. You'll be more peaceful about their untimely transition if you do.

Time isn't retrievable.

-David M. Stephens

this was posted on his facebook page late last night and it inspired me to blog a little about it. Being that two of the most influental people in my life passed away. First my Grandfather who I thank God for being there at a time when a young hardhead boy like myself needed some structure and guidance from a strong male figure, and did the best he could to show me (and my brothers)how to be men.

More recently my mom passed away Feb. '09 which hit hard and as much as I wish she could come back, I am grateful for the time that God gave her, and also knowing and recognizing that the 62 years she has seen and done a lot (including being able to see her great grandbabies)

but this really isnt about me, but it is for all those that have suffered a loss of one or Both of their parents like some of my friends....


David, Matthew and Doug Stephens

Olan Kellogg

Brandy Coleman

Tanya Barksdale, Karen, Mike, Darryl, Dawn, Valerie Wells, and myself



It can be hard sometimes but with faith I believe they are someplace better than here

No comments:

Post a Comment