Sunday, December 26, 2010

gratitude.....

this song has A LOT of sentimental meaning to me. Remembering as a child maybe 4 or 5 years old my mom woke me and my younger sisters up to go to my aunt's house while she worked & went to school, and every morining at 5 I'd hear this on the clock radio.....





And the lyrics had so much meaning behind them....


(Be-e-e-e-e-e Grateful)
(Be-e-e-e-e-e Grateful)
God has not promised me sunshine
That's not the way it's going to be
But a little rain (A little rain)
Mixed with God's sunshine
A little pain (A little pain)
Makes me appreciate thegood times


God desires to feel your longing
Every pain that you feel
He feels them just like you (Just like you)
But he had to die to make you feel only good (Only good)
Then you can appreciate the good times


Be-e-e-e-e-e Grateful) Be Grateful
Because there's someone else who's worse off than you
Be Grateful (Be Grateful)
Because there's someone else who'd love to be in your shoes

but this was more than just a song (at least to me) but one of the many life lessons my mom always taught to me and the rest of my brothers and sisters throughout our life until her untimely passing back in Feb, 2009

be grateful in everything

even though she's not here to read this, I hope she knew that I was listening when she was always tellin me the same thing that the Hawkins Singers was try'na to tell us in their song....

2 comments:

  1. *raises hands in worship*
    *thinks about all things I am grateful for*
    *cries a little bit*
    and finally......................
    *Holy Ghost Dip*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost took you serious until you came with the *Holy Ghost Dip*

    LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete